Punters have been having success for years with betting, and basketball betting, in particular, has always been a fan favourite. There are no signs of them stopping any time soon, and the sport itself is easy to understand.
Betting on basketball is straightforward, but the strategy for betting can seem complicated if it’s your first time. It needn’t bet a train wreck, however, because once you get the hang of it and bet more frequently, you’ll end up developing a strategy.
If you want to become a veteran bettor, you should have a strong affinity for math and an astute talent to spot value in betting lines.
The best basketball betting sites understand how profitable the game is and offer players more basketball stables and fantastic odds than ever before. There’s never been a better time to move from the sidelines and into the exciting world of basketball betting.
Top Online Bookmakers for Betting on Basketball
Most Americans and bettors outside the US enjoy the thrills and chills of sports betting. Some make it their mission to know every little detail about the game, the markets, and the odds. Some even have their strategy down pat to ensure more lucrative wins.
Trusted bookmakers go hand in hand with all the things bettors do to make their betting experience more agreeable. Many bookies offer different markets and competitive odds for players interested in basketball wagering.
Various online betting websites provide their opinions on who may be the best sportsbook provider but consider that what may be the perfect site for one may not be so for the other. That’s why bettors should find a bookmaker that is tailor-made for them.
Some basketball bettors enjoy live stream services of an event, some of them enjoy regular NBA or NCAA promotional offers, and others are just looking for the best odds. With all those factors to consider, choosing the best basketball betting site can be challenging.
Basketball betting is popular across the globe, with the following bookies ranking high when it comes to providing the best basketball betting services.
Whether you want to place bets such as Money Line, 3-Way Betting, or Points total, you should opt for Bet365. Apart from numerous betting options, Bet365 covers all the top Leagues.
- Offers NBA + European Leagues
- Has the best odds.
- AFL cash-out is applicable.
- Guarantees a full range of markets.
- Offers a few in-play selections.
Ladbrokes is a renowned basketball betting site that you should consider if you want to gamble on the latest basketball odds. Furthermore, the bookie offers players a long list of regular markets.
- Updates basketball fixtures regularly.
- Has the best underdogs odds.
- Allows basketball live betting.
- Offers a wide range of basketball bet types.
- Lacks suitable basketball bonuses.
22bet is a uniquely designed bookie that accommodates beginner and professional basketball punters. The bookie allows access to the best basketball fixtures sourced from top leagues.
- Offers bet builder tool for basketball accumulator betting.
- Has the best basketball betting tips.
- Provides punters with live basketball statistics.
- Allows cash-out.
- Lacks basketball free bets.
William Hill is an internationally recognized basketball betting platform known to cover NBA and NCAA leagues perfectly well, therefore suitable for gamblers.
- Offers useful basketball betting tips.
- Provides basketball statistics.
- Has basketball Outrights.
- Comes with a basketball bet builder tool.
- Very few basketball promotions.
With NCAA events and NBA matches, you can be certain that you will enjoy basketball punting at 888sport. The bookie also allows access to new basketball events and outrights.
- Live betting is applicable.
- Has accumulator insurance on some bets.
- Allows live betting on basketball matches.
- Offers basketball bet builder tool.
- Not suitable for domestic basketball competitions.
Parimatch stands out as one of the most dedicated basketball gambling sites. Thanks to the operator, you can safely access a full range of basketball matches.
- Offers live statistics.
- Allows live streaming of events.
- Offers stunning live odds.
- Accepts cash-out of some wagers.
- Few betting options on in-play matches.
Most Popular Betting Markets
- Handicap Betting
- Winning Margin
- Quarters Betting
- Half-Time Betting
The most straightforward bet of all may have two or more results depending on the type of sports. When basketball gambling sites list two options in a moneyline bet, bettors essentially choose one of the two to win.
You’ll find handicap or line betting available on all NBA matches; it gives the favourite team a handicap while providing the least favoured a head start. If your team wins, you win, and if the other loses by less than 9.5 points, you still win. It’s only if the team loses by ten and over, you lose the bet.
Also known as over-under or point totals, it’s a bet where the bookmaker sets a margin, and the bettor has to predict whether the combined points in the game will be more or less than that particular number.
Winning margin wagers involve betting on the number of points or goals a team will win by at the end of a match. The bettor has to predict the winning team accurately and their number of scores.
These bets are for people who want to segment the game and gain their success that way. It’s a situational bet where you can bet how it’ll affect the team within the next quarter if something happens within the first.
Some basketball betting sites offer players half-time odds, generally after the first half has ended. Bettors can choose spread or point bets and predict who will win the second half and not the game.
Rather than betting on traditional markets, prop bets are based on players’ and teams’ statistical performance. The wagers generally revolve around points, assists, and rebounds, but there are many chances to wager on NBA team and player props.
Outright and future bets typically involve predicting who will win leagues or tournaments such as the NBA Championship, the Western Conference Winner, the Eastern Conference Winner, or the NBA MVP.
Why Bet on Basketball?
Let’s take a look at all the things that make basketball betting a potentially lucrative activity and why punters continue to go back for more. We’ll also list a few of the factors that might make basketball betting unappealing.
- Basketball can be very profitable when you have the right strategy
- Many tipster websites provide you with insightful hints on various games
- Betting on familiar teams and players can be a good strategy
- Many basketball betting sites offer plenty of markets and competitive odds that may garner you more possible wins
- Paying attention to NBA games such as grudge matches can be a boost for your wallet
- With handicap bets, you can win, despite whether you lose, as long as the team is within the point bracket
- Understanding and finding the betting value may be challenging to new bettors
- Basketball betting may become a habit, so punters need to practice responsible money management
Important Factors to Consider
To ensure you have the best possible experience with your sportsbook and basketball betting, take into consideration the following aspects:
- Bet only on teams you’re familiar with – it’s exciting to get right into the swing of things, but to test yourself, you can start with teams and players you know so you can learn effectively.
- Bet on markets you’re familiar with – there are several markets in NBA betting, which may be confusing. To keep things simple, bet on the most obvious ones, such as moneyline and over under, if you’re a beginner.
- Be careful while betting on playoffs – betting on the playoffs is different from gambling in the regular season; there are varied odds and strategies. A few include individual game betting, series betting, and conference championship betting.
- Inform yourself on injuries and team rotations – having a thorough understanding of NBA rosters, additions and subtractions can help you predict which team will be underrated and overrated. The impact of injuries can also help clever bettors capitalize on NBA odds.
- Keep an eye on statistics – paying attention to stats will keep you updated and help you make informed betting decisions.
There are so many sports to choose from and loads of basketball leagues and tournaments bettors can wager on; however, the NBA is one of a kind. The National Basketball Association can provide some of the most thrilling and lucrative experiences, whether you’re betting online or in person.
With a range of betting styles, basketball markets, competitive teams, and tons of action, it’s no wonder it’s at the top of most people’s betting radar. Once you start your betting journey, you should choose the basketball betting site that works for you and provide you with the best odds and information.
Our Final Thoughts
Sports betting can be daunting at times and finding the right basketball betting website can be challenging for beginners. The best course of action is to teach yourself the terminology and practice your strategy to understand the odds and what to look out for in the game. It’ll help if you’re reasonably good at math too.
If you can manage to do that, basketball betting may be an exciting journey for you from start to finish.
Why are matchups so important when betting on the NBA?
Matchups are vital so you can know which kind of bet to place. Knowing which teams are competing against each other helps with your decision.
Which is the best basketball betting site?
The best basketball betting site is Matchbook; it offers exceptional liquidity in markets and generous odds.
What’s the best type of bet to place in the NBA?
The best type of bet depends on your skill, knowledge, and bankroll.
Can I bet on the NBA online?
Yes, you can; a plethora of online bookmakers offer NBA betting.