Rugby League is a competitive full-contact sport that was first played in 1895. The sport entails two teams, each with 13 players. Before Rugby League was formed, it was part of the Rugby Union until 1985, when it broke off due to payment issues. Despite being popular in Northern England, Oceania, and Southern France, Rugby Union is known around the globe with multiple punters regularly betting on Rugby League events. This read will provide you with adequate details regarding Rugby League gambling and the best betting sites for Rugby League.
Most recommended Bookmakers for betting on Rugby League
Here is a list of top-rated Rugby League bookmakers recommended to any Rugby League betting enthusiast.
Bet365 is a highly rated Rugby League betting site offering Rugby League fixtures to its clients since 2000. The bookie is dedicated to ensuring gamblers have an easy time finding and placing Rugby League bets. It is most popular for having the best Rugby League coverage. However, its main focus is usually on international competitions such as the NRL and Rugby League World Cup.
- Offers Rugby League Outrights.
- Provides punters with Rugby League live betting services.
- Allows Rugby League cashout on some events.
- Provides extensive Rugby League live statistics.
- Lacks suitable Rugby League promotions.
For the period 888sport has been around, it has attracted a wide range of Rugby League punters. It is the ideal bookie for anyone interested in placing Rugby League bets on different markets. Some of the main Rugby League bet types provided to players include Futures, Match Bets, and Margin Bets.
- Covers international and domestic markets.
- Offers punters the best Rugby League Outrights.
- Allows Rugby League in-play betting.
- Offers gamblers ideal Rugby League betting tips.
- Live matches have a few Rugby League markets.
William Hill has grown to become one of the most reputable Rugby League betting sites. The bookie is popular for its extensive coverage of Rugby League tournaments. Furthermore, it has several helpful features making it one of the best bookmakers for Rugby League betting. Once you sign up for an account, you will have absolute access to top Rugby League fixtures and news.
- Offers a full range of Rugby League markets.
- Allows live streaming of Rugby League events.
- Provides punters with the Rugby League cashout feature.
- Offers punters live Rugby League stats.
- Poor Live Rugby League odds.
Unibet is the ideal bookie for Rugby League World Cup betting. Furthermore, it is recommended if you want unrestricted access to Rugby League Outrights. The bookie allows both pre-match and live betting. Also, it offers gamblers helpful features which they can use to streamline Rugby League betting.
- Allows Rugby League live streaming.
- Offers punters expert Rugby League betting tips.
- Displays Rugby League real-time results.
- Covers many Rugby League betting markets.
- Mainly focuses on international Rugby League events.
Designed to ensure gambler satisfaction, Betway is one of the highly ranked Rugby League bookies. Unlike most of its competitors, Betway has balanced coverage of international and domestic events. Moreover, the bookie provides punters with Rugby League bonuses, especially during main matches. As a result, you should be certain you will enjoy Rugby League betting on the platform.
- Covers all the main Rugby League events.
- Offers punters with Rugby League live streaming services.
- Has a bet builder function for accumulator betting.
- Allows Rugby League cashout.
- Offers a few Rugby League live events.
1xBet is a licensed and secure bookie that offers punters different sports gambling services, including Rugby League betting. The site covers competitions such as NRL, Rugby World Cup, and League 1. Furthermore, it is among the few bookies that offer Super League fixtures. Note that all the Rugby League events are grouped for easy accessibility.
- Allows live streaming of Rugby League events.
- Offers compelling Rugby League pre-match odds.
- Has a full range of Rugby League matches.
- Provides punters with Rugby League Outrights.
- Offers a few Rugby League live events.
The Entain-owned sportsbook has been offering Rugby League events for years now. Thanks to the dedication of the operator, punters can access a wide range of Rugby League fixtures. Unlike most bookies, Ladbrokes covers both international and domestic Rugby League tournaments. You should not be surprised to come across Super League, Championship, and Challenge Cup events.
- Offers competitive Rugby League odds.
- Has a bet builder for Rugby League accumulator betting.
- Provides punters with live Rugby League results.
- Allows Rugby League live betting.
- Rarely offers Rugby League insurance promotions.
What to consider when choosing where to bet on Rugby League?
Below are important aspects to consider when choosing the best bookmakers for Rugby League betting.
- Diversity of Markets – Market diversity is key in Rugby League betting. Go for a bookie with a full range of Rugby League markets.
- Rugby League Odds – A bookie with competitive Rugby League odds is highly recommended since you are certain of substantial earnings in case of a win.
- Useful features – Make sure you look for features such as cash-out, bet builder, and 3D animation of Rugby League events when choosing the best Rugby League bookie.
- Mobile usability – An ideal Rugby League betting sportsbook should have either mobile apps or a fully functional mobile website so that you can gamble on the move without any problems whatsoever.
- Live Streaming – Whether you prefer live betting or not, opt for a bookie that offers Rugby League live streams. With live streams, it becomes easy to keep up with Rugby League events effortlessly.
Most Popular Rugby League Tournaments
Below is a detailed list of some of the most popular Rugby League tournaments that usually have the best Rugby League betting markets.
Rugby League World Cup is one of the oldest Rugby League competitions that first took place in 1954 in France. The tournament currently comprises 16 teams, with the team with the most titles being Australia.
As the name states, the six nations championship is a rugby competition participated by teams from six countries. The nations include Ireland, England, Scotland, Wales, France, and Italy. Currently, England and Wales are the teams with the most titles, with each having 39 wins.
European Rugby Challenge Cup is a highly competitive tournament planned by European Professional Club Rugby. The competition currently entails teams that qualify from United Ruby Championship, Top 14, and Premiership Rugby, all domestic Rugby competitions.
The State of Origin Series is one of the top rugby competitions between the Queensland Maroons and New South Wales. Since its establishment in 1982, the tournament has become increasingly popular in Australia and other countries, with Queensland claiming the most titles over the years.
Rugby League markets
Below are the most common Rugby League markets that you should consider whether you are punting on international or domestic Rugby League events.
Winner is a betting market where you punt on the rugby team likely to win the event. It is among the most common Rugby League bet types.
Handicap entails a Rugby League team being given a disadvantage or an advantage to level the playing field.
- Total Points
The betting option requires you to predict how many points or the total number of points to get scored in a match.
- First Try Converted?
First Try Converted entails predicting whether the conversion will be successful after the first try in the game.
- Team to Trail in Match
The betting market requires you to predict which of the Rugby League teams will trail point-wise at any point of the event.
- Team to Win Both Halves
Rugby league usually has two halves. The bet type requires you to choose the team that will lead on both halves.
Bonuses for Betting on Rugby League
Different bookies offer different Rugby League bonuses. Here are some of the key Rugby League promotions that you should know.
Rugby League Free Bets – Rugby League free bets are offers that you can use to punt on Rugby League events without spending any of your cash.
Bet Insurances – Bet insurances are popular Rugby League bonuses that protect a percentage of your stake in case of a loss.
ACCA Boosters – ACCA booster is a unique bonus where certain Rugby League betting odds of specific markets are increased significantly.
Deposit Bonuses – Rugby League deposit bonuses are special rewards that you must fund your account to activate. They might come in the form of free bets or free cash.
No deposit bonus – A no deposit bonus is a Rugby League offer granted to punters without any deposit. It is by far one of the best rewards.
Rugby League Betting Tips
Here are verified Rugby League betting tips that you should use to increase your chances of placing likely bets.
- Understand the Rugby League bet types and markets.
- Do extensive research on the Rugby League teams.
- Monitor the previous games both teams have played before the event you want to punt on.
- Always compare the odds before placing the bet.
- Make sure you take advantage of the Rugby League bonuses.
Is it worth it to bet on Rugby League?
It is worth betting on Rugby League since the markets are extensive, and the odds are fantastic.
What is the best betting site for Rugby League?
The best betting site for Rugby League is Melbet. Melbet covers all Rugby League events and guarantees the best Rugby League odds.
Is it legal to bet on Rugby League?
It is very legal to bet on Rugby League. However, make sure you do it on a registered site.
Which bookmaker offers the best odds for Rugby League?
Ladbrokes offers the best Rugby League odds for both live matches and pre-matches.
Can I punt on Rugby League live events?
You can punt on Rugby League live events so long as you understand that type of betting.
Which is the best Rugby League competition to punt on?
There are many incredible Rugby League competitions, with the Rugby League World Cup being the main Rugby League competition.
Rugby League betting is one of the most fulfilling gambling activities, especially if you do it in any of the above-discussed bookies. The events are competitive, and the number of Rugby League tournaments are many; you will never miss any particular event. Additionally, you can use the explained Rugby League betting tips to increase your winning chances.