Specials betting can be confusing, as the term can mean so many different things. It can mean a promotion or a special betting market for a sport. But in this context, specials betting is placing a wager on entertainment such as who will win the next election, or take home the Best Actor Oscar, or if our latest Bachelor will find love. Not all bookmakers offer this, but there are a few specials betting sites.
Top Online Bookmakers for Betting on Special Events
Below is a list of verified betting sites that offer betting on specials. These are some of the top online specials betting sites, but other bookmakers offer specials betting as well, and we encourage you to look around if none of these offers is what you precisely need.
Bwin is a fantastic specials bookie. Thanks to Bwin, you can access different specials markets, including FIFA Ballon d’Or 2021 awards.
- Covers all international specials.
- Offers the best specials live statistics.
- Allows accumulator betting.
- Permits cash-out of some events.
- Poor coverage of domestic specials.
Whether you want to gamble on music awards winners or movie award winners, Unibet is the best bookmaker. It covers the named specials and many more events.
- Full range of specials markets.
- Offers specials betting tips.
- Provides punters with specials news.
- Allows cash-out of wagers.
- Lacks specials bonuses.
There are lots of specials events that you can find on Betway. That is why you should register for an account if you want to access entertainment and politics.
- Covers major political races.
- Guarantees real-time specials results.
- Specials Outrights are available.
- Allows single and accumulator betting.
- Quite a few betting options for specials.
Parimatch is an established specials betting site that you can depend on if you wish to gamble on different specials events. It is the most recommended bookie if you are not a fan of sports betting.
- Covers all major specials.
- Allows accumulator betting.
- Offers significant specials fixed odds.
- Allows access to the best specials live results.
- Mainly focuses on entertainment events.
With Boylesports, specials betting is easy. That is because the site is neat with a specials section containing all the best specials events.
- Covers all major music awards.
- Provides specials punters live statistics.
- Specials odds are available in different formats.
- Allows fast payouts of specials profits.
- Specials are not always available.
Most Popular Betting Markets
Some of the most popular betting markets found at bookmakers are listed below.
- Winners of Elections
This bet is usually an Odds to Win/Future Bet offered by bookmakers; considering the political turmoil recently, this is not as predictable as it usually is. The odds would be shown as ‘A Person’ +1450 to win the 2024 election or ‘B People’ +200 to win as Political Party Nominee in 2024. Then there are the political props bets, something like Will ‘O Person’ is indicted before the 2024 elections? Yes (+175) and No (-250). We recommend that you pay attention to little details with this type of bet.
- Winners of Movie Awards
Another favourite at bookmakers is the Winners of Movie Awards, like the Oscars and Razzies. These are annual events, limiting the opportunities to bet on them. It is not necessary to have seen all the films being nominated either, as a bit of research and studying the odds on offer should allow you to make an educated guess. Some of the bets offered will be on who will win the best picture; an example of the odds on offer would be An Epic Drama (+220), A Serious Film (+6600), and A Niche Documentary (+15000).
- Winners of Music Awards
Betting on the Grammys is a market offered by a few of the best bookmakers, with the top online specials betting sites handicapping the Grammys every year. We recommend that you shop around for the best lines and promotions, and remember that rap and rock albums usually struggle because commercial success is a definite factor.
- Winners of Entertainment Awards
Talking of music, bookmakers don’t stop with the Grammys. Other awards, such as the MTV Awards, are available in betting markets. The Golden Globes, the UK’s BAFTA, and the Emmy Awards are all events you can bet on.
Why Bet on Specials?
Bookmakers try to provide customers with all the betting opportunities they ask for, and while sports betting is more popular, betting on specials is catching up. Specials betting sites offer all sorts of bets, from politics to who will play James Bond in the next movie.
- Specials betting sites offer higher odds due to there being fewer opportunities.
- You can turn a profit if you have the right information.
- Having money riding on a show can make it that much more exciting to watch.
- It’s easier to spot a good opportunity if you already watch the show.
- There aren’t many specials betting sites.
- The betting markets are not as expansive as with sports.
- You might find the market you want to bet one, on one site only, making it difficult to shop around for better odds.
- There aren’t as many promotions available.
Important Factors to Consider
When you are about to place a wager on any specials betting sites, there are a few things to consider. Below we explain what factors you should look into before you place that bet.
- Follow the News Around the Event – Regardless of which event you plan to wager on at a specials betting site, you will need to know the latest news about that event. Whether it is the 2024 Election or the Razzies, the news will often tell you what is happening and who is in or out of favour.
- Do Your Research on Information About the Event – Just following the news about events is not enough when wagering on specials. You will need to research the event itself; how the voting is done for an award can change the outcome hugely. You must know how the results come by and what factors will change those results before you place a wager.
- Place Your Bet at the Right Moment, with High Odds – One of the unspoken rules at bookmakers is that you place your wager as soon as you can if you’re betting on a favourite. That way, you get better odds before the drop-off happens closer to the event.
- What About Betting In-Play on Specials? Bookmakers do not typically offer in-play betting on most special events. The majority of bookmakers concentrate on sports when live betting is offered. However, bigger events are sure to have in-play betting provided.
Our Final Thoughts
Specials betting sites are a good thing; very few of us don’t find something of interest in the specials category. Whether you are a political animal with opinions or an avid Oscar enthusiast, you will find something to bet on.
Do all online bookies offer betting on specials?
Not all bookmakers are specials betting sites; you will need to check the categories on offer and see if there are betting markets available.
Is betting on specials legal?
Bookmakers that are licensed are very careful not to offer illegal bets, but if you want to make sure it’s legal, check their license and research the laws. A general rule is that if the page opens and you are allowed to bet on it, then it’s legal where you live.
What types of bets can you place?
This depends on the bookmaker and what is happening, though mostly prop bets are available for TV series and Movies.
Can I bet on the Royal family of the UK?
Yes, some of the bookmakers offer bets on the Royals; at the moment, Prince Harry and Meghan are very popular.