Expekt Android App
With Expekt, you can have access to all your favourite casino games and bet on sports from the palm of your hands, wherever you are. This is thanks to the downloadable Expekt mobile app, which is compatible with numerous Android devices.
The Expekt android app compiles all the betting markets and casino games available from the main site and places them in an easy-to-use mobile portal. If you have previously used the Expekt main desktop site, you will find the app’s interface quite familiar as user interface and themes resemble those on the site. Still, the app is easy to use even for novice gamers.
How to Download and install the .apk file?
The download and installation process for the Expekt casino is different from that of any other regular android app. This is because the Expekt app is not listed on Google PlayStore. Instead, the installation is done by downloading a .apk file from the main Expekt website. If you have previously used android betting apps, then this should be an all too familiar process. However, if you are new to this type of installation, you can use the step-by-step guide below to get the Expekt app.
- Step 1: From your regular browser, open the main Expekt website. At the top menu bar, click on the tab indicated ‘Mobile’.
- Step 2: In the new page displayed, scroll and click on the ‘Download for Android’ tab. This is also denoted using the android logo. You will notice the file will immediately start downloading.
- Step 3: Before running the downloaded file for installation, you will need to modify your phone’s or tablet’s settings to allow installations from non-playstore sources. This can be done by simply going to Settings > Security > Unknown Sources. Uncheck the ticked box to allow installations.
- Step 4: You can go back to your downloads folder, locate the downloaded .apk file and click on it to start the installation.
- Step 5: Once the installation is complete, an icon for the Expekt app will be placed on your app drawer. You can click on it to launch the app and start betting.
Expekt App for iOS
In addition to the Android app, Expekt has also developed another app to cater to iOS users. The iOS version is quite similar in design and functionalities to the android app, with the only difference being the OS version it runs on. Just as with the Android app, you can use the Expekt iOS app to bet on sports as well as play online casino games, including progressive jackpots.
How to Download and install the app?
One outstanding difference between the iOS app and its Android counterpart is in the download and installation process. For the iOS version, the download and installation process is made simple by the fact that the app is readily listed on the iTunes app store. This, therefore, means that the installation process will be the same as that of any other iOS app. You can use the step-by-step process below as a guide for you to install the Expekt iOS app:
- Step 1: Open the iTunes app store on your iPhone or iPad.
- Step 2: From the search bar, type in Expekt Sports or Expekt Casino.
- Step 3: From the search results, you can easily identify the Expekt app with their characteristic orange-brownish theme color. Click on the download button for the app to be installed.
- Step 4: Once the download and installation is completed, you can click on the app icon to launch it and start betting.
Review of the mobile website version
As a third alternative or playing on mobile, Expekt has developed its website it a manner that it can be easily accessed and used through mobile devices. This kind of optimisation makes it even much more comfortable to play at Expekt on the go, especially for gamers whose mobile devices are incompatible with the downloadable apps.
To access the mobile site version, just open your favourite mobile web browser and type in the Expekt URL. The site automatically switches to the mobile version. Thus you do not need to have a different URL. There is quite a lot of similarities between the mobile site and the desktop site. The only noticeable difference is some slight changes in the homepage layout, whereby some few functions have been merged to offer a better mobile browsing experience.Other than this, the type of games offered and the betting markets are the same across both platforms.
Mobile apps features
As it has been the norm with many betting apps, Expekt has gone a step further to add some extra features to their mobile apps. These extra features make playing on your mobile device more intriguing and easy, as well as offering you more betting markets and chances of winning. We have described some of these features below:
- Touch ID – Primarily found on the iOS version of the app, the Touch ID feature adds an extra security layer to your Expekt gaming account. This feature allows you to log in to your account using your fingerprint, which is much more secure than the traditional account username and password.
- Live odds – The mobile app gives you access to an in play betting market where you get to place bets on current live matches. This is in addition to the regular pre-match bets.
- Cash out – The Expekt mobile app also has a cashout option, through which you can maximize your profits and cut back on your loses. With the cash out feature, you can end your bet much earlier while the event is still on. In this manner, you will be given a portion of the prize money plus your stake.
- Live casino – For the online casino enthusiasts, you will be glad to learn Expekt has a live casino mode that gives you access to live table and card games, hosted by live dealers. The app allows for HD video streaming thus creating a real live casino environment.
- Casino Demo Mode – Still, at the online casino section, the games offered here are available in demo mode. This is quite an important feature as it gives you the chance to try out the Expekt mobile casino without having to spend any real money.
Mobile Sports Betting
Whether you are playing through the downloadable apps or the mobile site version, you will still have access to the Expekt sportsbook. Having been in the sports betting business since 1999, Expekt is one of the oldest European sportsbooks. These decades of experience are evident in the way the sports betting section is set up.
First, you will realise that Expekt offers betting markets across a wide range of events. In addition to the popular events such as football, tennis, cricket, and basketball, here you can bet on alternative markets such as rink hockey, bowls, sailing, Nascar, squash, and e-sports. On any regular day, you will have not less than a couple of thousand events that you can bet on. All these are available through the mobile app as well as the mobile site version.
In terms of the odds, Expekt offers odds that are slightly above the average market prices. This slight surge in the odds can mean quite a lot, especially if you are making multi-bets.
As hinted out earlier in the introduction, the Expekt mobile app is also home to an impressive mobile casino. The mobile casino version is quite similar to the main site version. However, you might notice some games found on the desktop version are missing when playing on the app. This is especially so for proprietary games that are yet to be optimized for mobile play.
Nonetheless, you will still have access to well over 500 online casino games through either the mobile app or the mobile site version. Here you will find games from leading casino software providers such as NetEnt, Microgaming, Play’n Go, Yggdrasil and Pragmatic Play.
The Expekt mobile casino offers slots, table games, card games, video poker, and live casino games. In addition, you will also have access to about 17 jackpots, among them popular titles such as Mega Moolah and Arabian Nights.
Differences Between Mobile App and Mobile Site Version
In our review of the Expekt mobile gaming platforms, we were able to point out some slight differences between the two modes of play. These differences are not primarily in terms of design or services offered, but mainly from the user experience of either platform. Below we have listed some of these noticeable difference:
- Faster in loading the casino games
- Offers better HD video streaming for the live casino
- Extra security features such as the Touch ID
- Easier to use interface that is better organized
- The installation process for the android need you to tamper with your phone’s security settings
- The app takes app significant storage space in your phone or tablet
- Requires regular updates thus recurring mobile data costs
- Not compatible with all mobile devices
Mobile Site Version
- Faster access as no downloads required
- Can be used on any mobile device, even those not running on Android or iOS
- You can switch between multiple devices thus giving you more flexibility
- Lacks extra security features thus your account can be accessed if you do not log out from the browser
- The home page is a bit more cluttered with sliders making it hard to navigate
Expekt Mobile Bonus
For mobile gamers, you will not be getting any unique bonuses. This means you will have to contend with the same offers as those on the main desktop site. Generally, Expekt is not as well stocked in the bonuses and promos section. However, you will still find some interesting offers here, which you can utilise in your mobile gaming.
For instance, new players at the sportsbook section will be getting free bets of up to £10. To trigger this bonus, your first bet must be of odd of at least 2.0. Still, at the sportsbook, you will get a multi-bet bonus where you can get up to 100% bonus for multi-bets of 5+. At the casino section, you will be getting a 10% cashback offer of up to £100 for playing at selected slots.
System requirements and compatibility
If you opt to use the mobile site version, then there is nothing much to worry about in terms of compatibility. The mobile site can load and efficiently work on any up to date mobile browser. All you need to ensure is you have a stable internet connection, which is either via mobile data or Wi-Fi.
For the downloadable apps, however, you need to confirm your mobile device is compatible before installation. The iOS version only works on devices with iOS 10 or above. The minimum storage space required is about 106MB. The Android counterpart needs you to have android 5.0 and above, with a minimum storage space of about 30 MB.
The list we have provided below comprises of a few examples of compatible devices. If you are using a mobile device whose features are similar to any of these, then the apps can work on your mobile device:
- Samsung Galaxy S6 and S6 edge
- Samsung Note 8
- iPhone 7
- iPhone 8
- iPhone X
- IPad pro
- HTC Desire 10 pro
- Google Pixel
Mobile payment methods
The Expekt mobile cashier section is quite similar to the desktop version. Here you will find a handful of payment methods to use. We have listed these in the table below and included the limits for each payment method:
|Payment Method||Deposit Minimum||Deposit Maximum||Time for Deposit|
|Payment Method||Withdrawal Minimum||Withdrawal Maximum||Time for Withdrawal|
Can I register an account through the Expekt mobile app?
Yes, if you are a new player, you can create a new betting account through the mobile app.
Can I pay using my card on the mobile app?
Yes, you can use your Visa or MasterCard to deposit or withdraw from the app.
Are there any bonuses for playing on the mobile app?
Expekt does not have any bonuses exclusive to the mobile app, but you can still enjoy the same desktop site bonuses while playing on mobile.
How can I contact the support team while playing on the mobile app?
You can reach the customer support team through either phone calls or email.
Can I play at Expekt mobile with my Blackberry phone?
If your Blackberry phone runs on Android OS, then you can install the android app. If you are using an older version with the Blackberry OS, then you can opt for the mobile site version through your mobile browser.
How long does it take for deposits to be processed?
This will depend on the payment method used. For credit cards and e-wallets, the deposits are normally instant. Bank transfers take longer, which could be up to 3 business days.
The mobile app keeps on crashing. What should I do?
You should check if there are any updates to the mobile app as these normally address such issues.
Expekt has been in the sports betting business since way back in 1999. Initially serving the Northern European market, Expekt has over the year expanded its client base and currently accepts players from around the world, including the U.K Recently, the company was acquired by Betclic Everest, one of the most popular betting brands in the U.K. The site is licensed to offer online gaming and betting services by both the Maltese gaming authority and the UKGC.
The site is available in multiple languages, including German, Swedish, Polish, Finnish and Norwegian.
Apps Rating and conclusion
With the downloadable mobile apps for both iOS and Android devices, Expekt makes betting on the go way easier and convenient. These apps perform quite well, especially with the extra security features on the iOS version. The only downside here is the lack of mobile bonuses. Also, the offers at the main desktop site are not as impressive as you would find with other competing sites. Our final verdict is 8/10.