Dota 2 belongs to the category of games known as multiplier online battle arenas. The game was officially released on 9 July 2013 by Valve, a company that decided to create a stand-alone game based on DotA
Once the game became available, every top DotA player decided to give it a chance. As a result, most tournament organizers during that time immediately started hosting Dota 2 events. This quickly made Dota 2 among the most popular eSports and the preferred option for online bettors.
Моst Recommended Dota 2 Bookmakers
There are a few Dota 2 betting sites that you should know if you are interested in online betting.
Betway has earned the reputation of one of the best eSports betting websites in the world. It is one of the few iGaming companies that even sponsors different professional eSports teams. That’s why it is one of the first places that Dota 2 bettors go to. There’s a separate esports section at Betway and it will allow you to choose from the hottest Dota 2 events. They have enough betting markets and good odds.
- Betway provides Dota 2 fans with a safe betting platform.
- The team is the proud sponsor of numerous eSports teams, so the odds might be better than usual.
- The iGaming operator has eSports bonuses, some of which may be used by Dota 2 bettors.
- In some cases, the platform focuses more on CS: GO instead of Dota 2.
Dota 2 bettors who want to use an online bookmaker that has earned a name for itself can check 22bet. Similar to other brands on the list, this operator has many advantages. For example, it implemented the latest technology in the iGaming business. What’s more, 22bet allows Dota 2 punters to avail themselves of popular payment solutions. These deposit and withdrawal options allow you to make safe deposits and withdrawals.
- 22bet is one of the Dota 2 bookmakers where players can find numerous events.
- Everyone interested in betting on Dota 2 can do that in real-time, thanks to the live section.
- Most Dota 2 fans can access 22bet because it is available worldwide.
- Experienced eSports bettors may notice that there are not always a lot of markets to pick from.
Loot.bet is an eSports betting website full of options for people interested in Dota 2 and other games. The bookmaker covers lots of big tournaments worldwide, which means you will find something to bet on. Users who want to wager on Dota 2 will see that Loot.bet provides a wide range of betting markets. On top of that, Loot.bet is known for having a 24/7 customer support team that’s always ready to help.
- Everyone who wants to bet on Dota 2 will notice the platform offers a live stream.
- There are more Dota 2 markets to choose from compared to what’s available on other sites.
- You can contact the customer support team for more information if you have a problem while betting on Dota 2.
- Some countries are restricted.
Even though it is not known as an eSports bookmaker, Bet365 is one of the most advanced iGaming companies. It is home to numerous sections and betting options, including Dota 2. People who like this MOBA will notice that Bet365 provides a lot of markets. What’s even more impressive is the good odds, which allow you to make the most while betting.
- Bet365 is a company that most Dota 2 bettors will have access to.
- The operator can satisfy even the experienced Dota 2 fans because it offers plenty of markets.
- The odds for most eSports (including Dota 2) are impressive.
- There aren’t any special betting bonuses for Dota 2.
GGbet is the go-to option for eSports fans worldwide. People who like Dota 2 and visit this online bookie will see why it is among the biggest names in the industry. Apart from its impressive selection of Dota 2 events, GGbet is also known for its vast selection of markets. In addition to the classic Dota 2 options, at GGbet you can punt on many special markets that are not accessible elsewhere.
- Dota 2 bettors will have access to different markets that are not available on other sites.
- GGbet often has Dota 2-related betting bonuses.
- Every eSports bettor has access to the latest features in the business.
- Dota 2 bettors from some countries may have problems if they want to access this betting site.
What to consider when choosing where to bet on Dota 2?
You have to consider several things when choosing where to bet on Dota 2. People have different criteria based on which they pick the best Dota 2 betting site, so here are some things you should consider.
- Variety of Tournaments
If you want to ensure you won’t run out of Dota 2 betting options, pick a brand that offers many tournaments. Some sites only focus on tier 1 events, but some brands will give you access to more options.
One of the problems many Dota 2 fans come across is the lack of betting markets. Fortunately, almost all of the bookmakers we’ve listed above are known for having plenty of betting options. Apart from the pre-match options, Dota 2 also offers a lot of live betting opportunities.
Another thing you need to consider when checking the Dota 2 betting sites is the odds. Check whether the bookie offers different odds formats and if the in-play section offers dynamic odds.
- Live Streaming
Live streaming is one of the must-have features for every Dota 2 bettor. It gives people access to a real-time live stream.
- Useful features
Besides live streaming, punters interested in Dota 2 should look for a few other betting features, such as Cash Out. The latter is used by punters worldwide because it allows them to settle their bets earlier.
- eSports Bonuses
The more bonuses you have access to, the better. This is especially true when it comes down to Dota 2, so you can often find special eSports offers. Some bookies only give bonus funds, but you may come across free bets and even cashback.
- Mobile usability
The last thing that you need to check your Dota 2 betting site for is its mobile usability. Some platforms offer a mobile app for Android and iOS, but usually, you will only have access to a mobile site.
What is Dota 2 Betting?
Dota 2 betting is something that eSports fans do when they want to support their favourite team or put their luck to the test. To bet on Dota 2, players need to find the best online bookie, which is not easy. Fortunately, this article gives you access to the best places for Dota 2 money betting. Once you choose one of the top-rated iGaming operators or decide to test the Dota 2 betting items platforms, you have to do the following:
- Register – Signing up usually takes a minute or two, but you must provide personal information, such as your date of birth.
- Deposit – Adding money into your account requires you to pick one of the deposit options. Don’t forget to check the minimum requirement and the processing time.
- Check the active events – After you’ve made a deposit, open the Dota 2 subsection and check whether there are any interesting events.
- Make a bet – If you find something that sparks your interest, choose one of the markets and place a bet.
Most Popular Markets for Dota 2
Before choosing one of the best bookmakers for Dota 2, you have to know that each brand offers different markets. Although some try to be unique, others allow their eSports fans to use the same options found in other sports. Luckily, the big names in iGaming fall into the first category, which means they offer markets, such as:
- Map Winner
The majority of professional Dota 2 matches are played in a format called “best of three”. Hence, bookmakers often allow their clients to punt on the potential winner of maps one, two, or three.
- Most Kills in a Map
This Dota 2-specific betting market is only available on some iGaming operators. As its name suggests, it allows you to choose one of the players who will have the most kills during the game.
- Most Banned
Dota 2 is a game that has numerous mods. However, almost every professional event is played in CM (Captains Mode). The latter means that each team’s captain has to pick and ban certain heroes. This allows you to punt on the hero you think will receive the most banns in the series.
- Most Picked
This market is the opposite of the one we’ve just mentioned. Dota 2 bettors will have the option to choose which hero will be picked the most.
Lastly, we have the classic 1×2 option, which is also known as Winner. It is available on every online bookie that offers Dota 2, so you will always have access to it.
Whether you follow different Dota 2 betting strategies or simply place bets casually, there are a few vital terms you should be aware of.
- KDA: KDA is a term used to describe the kills, deaths, and assists of a given Dota 2 player. Some online bookies offer specific KDA-related markets.
- Roshan: Some of the best Dota 2 betting sites often offer specific markets related to Roshan. The latter is a powerful unit that one of the two Dota 2 teams can kill. After Roshan dies, he drops an item that gives one of the heroes “a second life”.
- Aegis: The Aegis of the Immortal is the item dropped by Roshan. This is important for Dota 2 bettors because the team with access to this item is usually in a better position.
- Wipe: If you watch a Dota 2 live stream and hear the commentator saying “Wipe”, it means that one of the two teams has recently killed the entire enemy lineup. This will often reflect on the odds for some of the live betting markets.
Betting on Dota 2 requires you to know which tournaments to look out for. There are numerous events out there, but if you read some of the Dota 2 betting predictions, you will find more info about the following:
The International (TI) is Dota 2’s equivalent to the FIFA World Cup. However, instead of taking place once every four years, this event is annual. It includes teams from every Dota 2 region (NA, SA, EU, CIS, SEA, and China) that fight for eSports’ biggest prize pool. In recent years, the reward reached over $40M, thanks to the help from the Dota 2 community.
The Dota Pro Circuit is critical because the teams that perform well can attend The International. Unlike events organized solely by third-party companies, the DPC is run by Valve. The “league” usually has Majors (it used to have Minors as well), which means Dota 2 bettors have plenty of options to test their skills.
ESL plays a vital role in many eSports, and Dota 2 is one of them. The company organizes regular events called “ESL One”, followed by the name of the city it is held in. Although these tournaments are usually not a part of the DPC, they offer a lucrative prize pool. This attracts the best teams in the world, which means Dota 2 bettors should pay attention to it.
Dota 2 Betting Tips
Esports bettors do different things to be successful, so let’s check out a few Dota 2 betting tips that should help you.
- You have to be careful when betting with Dota 2 skins -> Using your Dota 2 skins for online betting was popular several years ago. However, due to many scams and legal issues, most of these betting sites ceased to exist.
- Users who want to punt on live events need to know the ins and outs of Dota 2 -> You need to know everything about the game if you want to make the most while betting on live Dota 2 matches. This will probably take some time because Dota 2 is complex.
- Playing Dota 2 should help you become more successful while betting -> The easiest way to learn how Dota 2 works is to give it a try. This MOBA is free to play, which means you just have to download and install it on your device.
- Don’t forget to read the newest updates -> Dota 2 receives updates regularly, and some of them can have a drastic impact on the game. Since this will also reflect on the pro teams, it is important to know the latest changes. They will help you choose the most suitable betting market.
- Find a platform where you can keep track of past results – > One thing that will help you while betting on Dota 2 is knowing more information about the team’s previous results. Since some bookies won’t give you access to this thing, you need to find a third-party platform.
How do you bet on Dota2 matches?
To bet on Dota 2 matches, you need to find an online bookie, create an account, and deposit.
What is the best Dota 2 gambling site?
The best Dota 2 gambling site, according to our review, is bet365. It is one of the oldest and most reputable iGaming operators, which offers multiple Dota 2 betting options, odds, and features.
Is betting on Dota 2 legit?
Yes, betting on Dota 2 is legit, but you have to find a proper online sports betting platform,
Can you make real money from Dota 2 betting?
Yes, you can make real money from Dota 2 betting because the odds are usually good.
Can you bet Dota 2 items?
Yes, you can bet Dota 2 items, but using your skins for punting is not as popular as it once was.
Can you bet on Dota 2 for free?
Yes, you can bet on Dota 2 for free, but you need an online bookie with a no deposit bonus.
Are the Dota 2 betting predictions worth it?
Yes, the Dota 2 betting predictions are worth it, but only if the person who wrote them has the needed experience.
Regardless of which of the Dota 2 betting sites you choose from this article, you won’t regret your decision. As one of the leading eSports titles, Dota 2 offers numerous betting opportunities. However, the only way to make the most out of them is if you know what you’re doing. That’s why it is advisable to learn as much information about the game as possible.