As the sport of snooker has gained in popularity, so has the snooker betting scene. The best snooker betting sites have long known this, and the bookies offer every market you could dream up.
Top Online Bookmakers for Betting on Snooker
The top betting sites all feature snooker as a big part of their books and have done for many years. Many licensed online bookmakers, from Betway to 888sport and FOX Bet to Bet365, will give you all the odds you need to wager on snooker. Verified bookmakers can be trusted to give you fair odds, and if you fancy a punt, you can simply hop online to trusted bookies for the bet.
If you want more than the Triple Crown snooker betting offers, use Parimatch as your select sportsbook. Parimatch covers numerous snooker championships among other leagues.
- Useful for snooker live streaming.
- Provides punters with a snooker bet builder.
- Offers live snooker statistics.
- Provides punters with snooker live results.
- Snooker live betting markets are few.
The operator Melbet covers multiple snooker fixtures from different snooker events across the globe. Also, the bookie ensures punters are served with generous odds.
- Offers snooker live streaming services.
- Snooker odds are available in different formats.
- Snooker results are shared live.
- Allows live betting.
- Does not have snooker bonuses.
Betting on any snooker event is possible at Bet365. The bookie is always updating its snooker section with current matches to ensure you never miss your favourite snooker events.
- Offers snooker Outrights.
- Snooker fixed odds are generous.
- Guarantees full range of snooker markets.
- Cash-out supported.
- Lacks Acca insurance for snooker bets.
Known for offering competitive snooker markets, Ladbrokes is a dependable snooker betting site. The operator offers multiple snooker events regularly to registered gamblers.
- Grants snooker bettors live statistics.
- Enhanced odds on select fixed markets.
- Supports live betting.
- Cash-out is applicable on fixed markets.
- Lacks appealing snooker bonuses.
It is quite hard to mention top snooker betting sites without including William Hill. The bookie covers snooker events in detail and allows access to international and local snooker events.
- Allows mobile betting of snooker events.
- Live streams are available on select matches.
- Offers snooker outrights.
- Displays live results of all snooker events.
- Does not offer cashback bonuses.
The snooker section of Unibet is comprehensive. It is filled with more snooker events compared to many competing snooker betting sites.
- Allows accumulator betting of fixed snooker odds.
- Generous fixed snooker odds.
- Has a variety of snooker markets.
- Allows live streaming of main snooker events.
- Does not offer the best snooker bonuses.
Most Popular Betting Markets
We get it. Folks have their ways of betting and tend to stick to what they know. Nevertheless, there’s no harm in a little extra information, so we put together a little explanatory list.
- Match winner
It’s a classic option. You note a match-up, and you figure your player has the wood on the other guy, and you take the straight odds. A really great option if your guy’s the underdog, too.
- Tournament winner
Selecting an overall tournament winner can net some great wins, but you have to know your stuff. A lot can happen in a tournament, and even heavy favourites can crash out along the way.
- Total frames
This is a Totals bet or an over/under. Snooker betting sites will offer you a number of frames, and you just go above or below that number. Usually, they’ll add a decimal to remove the chance of a draw or just nullify the bet and return your cash. It’s a solid option for the right odds.
- To win the first frame
Some players start strong, and others grow into the game as it progresses. The best snooker betting sites will often give decent odds on the first frame in a match, and you could turn a nice profit this way.
- Handicap markets
The handicap bet is often called the spread. It’s a way to spread the odds so that an underdog gets a bit of an advantage. Once the frames are completed, the spread is added to get the result of the bet. Online snooker betting sites always have the handicaps on offer.
- Match centuries
This kind of bet can operate in a few ways. You can drop a bet on the overall number of centuries in a match, which is the most common. You can also bet on how many would be scored by either player, and this may lift your odds a tad too.
- Correct score
This one is another, which can mean different things. Most often, it’s a bet on the number of frames overall. So, in a 19-frame match, the result could be between 10-0/10-9 either way. It’s a risky punt, but then the win will be pretty good too. Alternatively, you could be betting within a specific frame. And there again, it’s a tricky shot with big returns.
- 147 break in the match
The handicap bet is often called the spread.It’s a fantastic thing to see in a match, but it’s a heck of a wager. The bet is that a player will pot all 15 reds followed only by blacks and then all the colours in their order in a single visit to the table. It happens just a few times per season, but if you get it right, the returns will be fantastic.
- Highest break in a match
The handicap bet is often called the spread.The highest break is a popular bet and available with most snooker betting sites. It’s a wager on which player will reach the highest score in a single visit to the table. Bear in mind, this isn’t the same as the overall score of a frame, but a score from a single visit. If you lay this bet and also a 147 bet, you’ll have won them both if your player scored the 147.
- To reach the final
The handicap bet is often called the spread.This is often a good option, especially when there are two or three players dominating a season. In short, you simply wager that a player will make it to the final. It’s less risky than the outright win option since either in-form player could get ahead of the other in the final.
Why Bet on Snooker?
There’s no shortage of sports out there to bet on, and that’s the way we like it. But, we decided to take a moment to think through some features of snooker and bullet points them for you. It might become a favourite sport for you; you never know.
- Highly tactical play
- The player form is crucial
- Makes for lots of betting options
- Close study will reward the careful bettor
- Great markets available widely
- Not as physical as some other sports
- Takes time to understand the game
Important Factors to Consider
If snooker has a stand-out feature, it has to be the technical feel to everything. It’s all about the details. Here are a few of the things to keep an eye open for. They’re things that matter more in the game than you’d probably think.
- Look out for players form – Form is a big deal in all sports and seems to be more psychological than physical in most cases. Certainly, in snooker, it’s massive. A player who’s been having trouble with his game will almost never prevail over a player who’s finding it easy. Snooker is a head-to-head game, so there’s nowhere to hide for a struggling player.
- See statistical details – Game stats always matter and, alongside form, are crucial to performance. For instance, some players seem to do well at certain venues or against other specific players. It makes a lot of sense to keep an eye on those numbers.
- Learn the style of the players – Some players are the dogged type and fight each point to the bitter end. Other players are more of the flair type and put together big breaks in the blink of an eye. Knowing how these players interact can mean the difference to your wager.
- Analyze the draw – This one is big in snooker. If two players you fancy are in the same group with the draw, one will likely knock out the other. Mark where the draw falls, and place your bets accordingly.
In-play betting has changed a lot of things for sports fans, and it’s the same for snooker. It brings out the flow of the game and also lets you adjust as the game sets in. It’s a really great option and just adds to the thrill of it all.
Snooker is a game of fine margins, and it twists and turns before your very eyes. The in-play feature lets you track the story of the game, frame by frame and shot by shot. This means your bets can narrowly follow each turning and adjust accordingly.
Snooker is one of those games that was made for betting. It just has that feel about it. With the tactical complexity and the one-on-one format, snooker betting online is a natural fit. The astute bettor may note the moment a player gains the upper hand, for example.
It’s these little things that lend such interest to snooker. Players who grind out wins have some advantages over edgier ones, while form players can get out-psyched by more technical guys. It’s a subtle game for the more nuanced bettors out there.
Are there good online bookmakers for snooker betting?
Absolutely. All the best online snooker betting sites will give fair odds on all markets.
How can I judge a risky punt?
It’s the same for any bet. You make that judgment, and you call your play accordingly. The riskier the bet, the bigger the payback!
Can I bet in-play for Snooker?
Online snooker betting sites regularly feature the option, so you’ll find it for sure.
Where are the best odds?
It’s really a matter of looking around and finding that bet which takes your fancy. Someone will be offering what you’re looking for.