Introduction and brief history
Betfair – this is a betting exchange, founded in Britain in 1999. Its founders are Andrew Black and Edward Wray. Today, Betfair is licensed in several European countries including the UK. The company has more than 1,800 employees. More than 1.1 million active players use Betfair, and the company operates entirely online through the betfair.com domain.
The site of Betfair is available in English and 10 other languages, and the same is valid for the customer support of each version. People can deposit and withdraw funds via all popular payment methods and there are often free bets and cash back promotions in the site.
Our professional opinion about Betfair includes everything you need to know about the company and its website.
Registration at Betfair
Proper registration at Betfair is the first step you need to take. Your security at Betfair depends on the correct filling of the registration form and the correct answering of variety of questions. The same is valid for the receiving of payments from the exchange – the registration information must be accurate. If you do everything correctly, you are guaranteed to get your profits in time.
So, how to properly register at Betfair:
1. Click on this link and you will be redirected to the registration form.
2. At the top right, you will see a button labeled ‘Join Now’ – click on it.
3. Enter your actual data. This way, you will be sure that there will not be any problems in the client’s identity verification. All data must be written in Latin letters, and if you have a Visa card, you can check the spelling of your name and surname from it. The password should be at least eight characters; it must be a combination of letters and numbers.
4. Select a currency that is convenient for you, and if you have a Visa card and you are going to bet and withdraw money through it, then specify the card’s current currency so that no funds are lost during the conversion process.
5. In the ‘Promo code /Referral code’ field the default code will be entered: ZSK200, which will allow you to get a bonus of €30 or £30 (or the equivalent amount in another currency) after the first bets. The conditions for receiving bonuses at Betfair will be discussed further in the review.
6. After completing the form we recommend that you thoroughly review the information you entered and if everything is OK, click on the ‘Agree and Open Account’ button.
7. Betfair will send you an email that will include a link to confirm your registration. After you complete this step, you can log in with your username and password and place your first bets.
The Sportsbook section of Betfair gives betting opportunities in over 26 different sports, and the main ones are also available. By selecting ‘Football’ from the menu you will open a window with the meetings that are being played at the moment and those that will be played. From this section you can go to your desired football league or championship via the available for this purpose buttons and in the ‘Today’ section you can check the meetings that are going to happen during the day.
With Betfair you can experience the incredible thrill of live betting – while the meeting is taking place and you are watching what is happening in real time. For each meeting in the right you can see the relevant odds and their changing values, which are updated depending on changes of the results.
Except football, the ‘In-Play’ section offers many other types of sports, the odds of which are updated in real time. Betfair has added a tiny window in which the events are constantly being updated –detailed information about the ongoing meeting such as which team is currently playing with the ball, corners, outs, etc. is displayed.
When choosing a section you will be redirected to a new page that will offer you to make three choices – ‘Match View’, ‘Match Stats’ and ‘Watch Live’. The latter option is possible only if you have created an account at Betfair and you are logged in.
On the right side of the window you will see several options for placing bets on the relevant meeting. You will experience incredible feeling in live betting at Betfair, and there is a wide variety of different bets with high odds and a comfortable to use interface of the site.
The site of Betfair is competing successfully with the leading bookmakers on betting offers like Bet365 and their markets. In addition, we can say that the brand has even more offers for Cash Out and live sports than its competitor for a number of tournaments and leagues.
£/€30 Bonus at Betfair Sports
In order to encourage new players to actively participate in betting and to deposit funds into their newly created accounts, Betfair provides a special bonus that is accessible to users from a number of countries, including Great Britain. This bonus is of a type: bet £10, get £30.
What are the conditions for getting a bonus at Betfair:
- Create an account at Betfair Sport with this registration form;
- After that in the site you will see the ‘Open account’ button that is located in the upper right corner;
- Carefully fill in your correct data in the fields;
- In the ‘Promo code’ section form the registration form of the site, enter the bonus code ZSK200 in case these characters are not entered automatically by the system of Betfair, and then complete your registration.
- Deposit at least €10 into your account and put bets for at least €10 on a certain event which the odds are at least 1.2 or more.
- Within 24 hours Betfair will load €30 into your account and you can place more bets with them.
The rules under which you can get the Betfair Sports Bonus:
- This is valid only for the sports section of Betfair.
- The bet, which is mandatory for the bonus and needs to have an odd of at least 1.2, must be made within 30 days of creating the account.
- As it became clear above, within 24 hours Betfair will put 3 times by €10 into your account with which you can bet further.
- It is very important to make it clear that the bets are used only once.
- Another element in this type of bonus is that if your bet accounts for less than €10, then you will not get these €30.
- The ‘Cash Out’ option for closing a bet is not available for this promotion.
Other Sports bonuses from Betfair
Double Odds on Winning Goal Scorer Bets
- Place a single pre-match bet on the Goalscorer market in the Sportsbook
- If your selection is winning and scores another goal, Betfair will double your odds on the market. Profits are paid in cash at the regular price and after that are increased to double odds with free bets.
- The maximum amount of the bets should be £/€10. Cash out bets, free bets, and bets placed on the Exchange cannot be used for this promotional offer.
This promotion is valid for Premier League matches and you can qualify for it if your account is registered from the UK or Ireland. Betfair gives free bets within 12 hours after the end of the meeting.
Treble Odds on winning 1st TD Bets in the first quarter
- Bet single on the first touchdown market.
- If your selection scores the touchdown within the first 15 minutes of the match, Betfair will treble your odds on this market. Profits are paid in cash, and the tripled odds are given with free bets.
- The maximum amount of the bet is £10. As with the previous promotion, cash outs, free bets and bets in the exchange do not count in this promotion.
The offer is valid for all NFL matches live on Sky until the 30th of November and you can qualify for it if your account is registered from the UK or Ireland. Betfair gives free bets within 12 hours after the end of the meeting.
Treble Odds on Winning First Tryscorer Bets
- Place a single bet on the First Tryscorer.
- If your selection scores the first try in the first 15 minutes of the meeting, Betfair will triple your odds for this market. Profits are paid in cash, and the tripled odds are given with free bets.
- The maximum amount of the bet is £10. As with the previous promotions, cash outs, free bets and bets in the exchange do not count in this promotion.
The promotion is offered for: All Aviva Premiership, Pro 12, Champions Cup and Autumn International (featuring England, Scotland, Wales, Ireland) matches live on Sky,BT & BBC until the 30th of November and you can qualify for it if your account is registered from the UK or Ireland. Betfair gives free bets within 12 hours after the end of the meeting.
Free €/£10 for new Casino customers
Each new player at the Casino section of Betfair will receive £/€10 bonus. The promotion is available only for players from Great Britain or Ireland who bet at the Casino for the first time. This bonus requires a minimum of ten spins before one can withdraw any money. Winnings are restricted to £/€25 and the bonus expires three days after it has been accepted
It is important tho mention that the bonuses listed above may be changed or updated or may expire. However, Betfair makes sure that its clients have fun and enjoy their online betting; therefore, the bookmaker always introduces some interesting bonus promotions.
Is there a 100% bonus for sports betting at Betfair?
Unfortunately, Betfair does not offer starting bonuses amounting to €/£200. The offers of a 100% on your first deposit are not included in the site and the company does not intend to introduce them to the English players. This is probably a good strategy, since the initial bonus offers of larger amounts often hide traps in the turnover terms and conditions.
As an alternative: However, if the starting £30 are not enough for you, then you can try other sites, as the one of the bookmaker 1xBet, where you will receive up to €100 bonus for a new registration from most of the European countries.
Increased odds with Price Rush
Trying to offer competitive and high odds for bets, the team of Betfair has created a wide variety of bonus and promotional offers, including the Price Rush. After you get it, your betting odds increase, which leads to an increase in the expected profit. This option has been released thanks to the exchange of Betfair, in which there are thousands of prices.
Clients’ prices are automatically checked and if there is a higher one, then the sports section will give it to you. Of course your betslip will reflect the increase of the odd.
All this information is stored in the ‘My Account’ section. Go to ‘Current Bets’, where the price increase will be available as soon as you get Price Rush for bets.
When can we take advantage of Price Rush?
Price Rush is available only on certain markets. It offers only single bets and multiples are not available for this feature.
Moreover, Price Rush is available for bets on specific sports in the in-play section. The feature can also be limited because of the country of origin of your account.
Can Price Rush offer us lower odds than the original ones?
There is no such option to get lower than the originally selected odds. As we already mentioned – all odds are selected automatically by the system of the sports exchange.
Is it possible to use the Cash Out, if my bets get a Price Rush?
If your bet is closed with the Cash Out option (by clicking on a special icon on your betslip), then you can take advantage of the Cash Out, even if you have been given a Price Rush. Of course, Betfair takes into account the increased by the Price Rush odds when calculating the Cash Out offer.
Get your stake back with ACCA EDGE
ACCA EDGE is available when you have three or more selected meetings, and you bet on them. In this case, Betfair will give back your stake (the so called Cash-Back), if one of your meetings lets you down. ACCA EDGE is available for markets in all sports sections, and in-play bets are not an exception.
Another advantage of ACCA EDGE feature is that you don’t have minimum odds requirements for matches and meetings.
- To receive the ACCA EDGE offer, you must add at least three selections, after that an orange icon with the text ‘EDGE’ will appear in your electronic Betslip (in the right part of the site). This is a signal that the offer is active.
- By clicking on the button, you will update your selections;
- Once you have activated ACCA EDGE, you can place your bet;
- If one leg lets you down, you will get your stake back.
Immediately after its foundation, Betfair developed its Exchange so that it provides back and lay bidding options and betting by the players.
The main sports supported by the exchange of Betfair can be found in the left side of the window, exactly where the menu is located. When you select your desired sport, you will see a menu showing you the details provided by the Exchange. Once you are in the Exchange section, you will see its respective menus and in the Football section, these menus display information about ongoing and upcoming meetings. Choosing a particular meeting, you will see all possible bets you can place on it.
Betfair’s surprises, however, do not stop here. There is already an exchange with a live betting option. As mentioned above, there are back and lay betting options. With ‘In-Play’, as its name already suggests, you have the opportunity to make bets in real time while the meeting is happening. The system of Betfair provides you with detailed statistics regarding the event, to which you can go only through a single click.
Entering the ‘In-Play’ section, you will be able to see all events taking place at the moment in the sports exchange. By selecting a particular meeting, you will see a window containing more details about it. In a nut shell, we can say that the interface of the Betfair’s Exchange is made in a very convenient and intuitive way to work it, so most probably you will not have any difficulties navigating it, even if you are a beginner.
Betfair’s Exchange is truly an innovation in the world of sports betting. At the moment besides in this bookmaker, such option is rarely available. Even brands like the bookmaker Efbet do not have a section for exchanging bets of the Exchange type.
£/€20 Free Bet Bonus in the Exchange section
As we mentioned earlier in the article, Betfair has a constantly updating assortment of diverse bonus and promotional offers designed to encourage regular and active players of the platform to make bets and earn more than they have expected. In this regard, Betfair’s exchange allows new players, who intend to make an account, to receive a bonus of €20 /£ 20 as a free bet.
Steps for getting the bonus:
- Make a registration at the Betfair Exchange from this link;
- Fill in your information by using the promo code: VAL225;
- Fund your account with at least £/€20;
- Bet minimum £/€20 and if the bet fails you, Betfair will give you back £/€20 in your account.
A sample of using bonus code VAL225
Important conditions for utilization of the bonus:
- It is necessary to deposit funds and make a bet in a period of seven days after the creation of the account.
- If you place bets for less than £/€20 within a week you are not eligible to get the other £/€20 as a free bet.
- This promotion is not valid in cases of pending, canceled, or unmatched bets.
- If you make two simultaneous bets, the promotion will be valid only when you finish with the first one.
- However, if you win the bet you will not receive £/€20 in your account.
- If you meet the promotion’s requirements, Betfair should give you the corresponding bonus within a maximum of 48 hours.
The purpose of this betslip is to guide you by calculating the sum of the odds of the marked meetings before you place bets. Moreover, you can see what would be your potential profit if you bet a certain amount on the displayed odds.
Everything is calculated instantly so there is no need to burden yourself and waste time.
Here you have options to bet on single, double, triple and other multiples. All you have to do after your choice is to finalize it by clicking on the yellow button at the end of the Betslip: ‘Place bets’.
The Cash-out option can be found both in the Sportsbook section as well as in the Exchange.
This feature gives you the option to close your bet and get your current profits. Thus, it prevents you from many losses.
How does the Cash-Out work?
Through this extra, you can get your current accumulated profit or protect yourself from loss, while the sports event in question is taking place. The option for controlling the bets becomes the favorite one of many players.
This option can be used in both single bets on matches as well as in multiples in live meets, and it is also available in several different sports, even for the most popular ‘Football’. Betfair is probably the leader in the use of cash-out, because except for the Sports section, this option is also available to players in the Exchange of the bookmaker. A main competitor in the use of cash-out is maybe the website of Ladbrokes, which includes cash out for almost all meetings, regardless of the championships.
Control over the possible amount that can be earned is entirely yours and you decide when the right time to take your profit has come. By clicking on the yellow Cash Out button, which is in your betslip, you can get the current accumulated profit, protecting your money from any loss in the further development of the sporting event.
Methods for depositing and withdrawing money
Betfair’s platform provides a variety of options for withdrawing and depositing money into your account, both in it and from it.
The system supports Debit and Credit Cards for simple and fast bank transfers as well as WebMoney, checks, and many others.
- Visa/Master Card – minimum deposit: €6 / maximum: €99999
- Paysafecard – minimum deposit: €15 / maximum: €500
- Neteller – minimum deposit: €15 / maximum: €45000
- Skrill – minimum deposit: €10 / maximum: €45000
- Bank Transfer – minimum deposit: €15
IMPORTANT: All transactions are tax free for the customer!
Betfair’s mobile applications
In order to attract a large part of the sports fans and give them comfort while betting, Betfair added a mobile version to its site. It makes the use of the platform through mobile devices such as tablets and smartphones convenient and easy.
The system automatically detects the size of the screen of your mobile device and thus adjusts itself to the available space.
The mobile version allows you not to download the special application of Betfair, which is available for the popular operating systems, thus you place bets directly from the site of the bookmaker.
However, if you insist on having access to the site with a single click and you want to see all the necessary information, then you have to download the special mobile application of Betfair for Android and iOS on your mobile device.
Here is an article describing how to download and install the mobile app of Betfair for Android or Iphone/Ipad devices.
Video review of Betfair
In this video review of Betfair, presented by us – Efirbet.com, we cover all points in this material. In it you will find instructions for registration at Betfair, as well as the main characteristics of the Sport and Exchange sections. The video describes the betting options in the site, as well as the advantages and disadvantages of each extra from Betfair. There is no way to overlook the topic concerning the deposit and withdrawal of money from your account at Betfair. Also, we have expressed our opinion for the website’s design and navigation.
Resolution: 750p HD
Affiliate Partner Program
Betfair works with thousands of partners all over the world thanks to its affiliate program. The program offers to owners of online portals or other sites to apply for partners online. For this purpose, one should fill in a form which describes the ways in which you have to advertise the brand, your personal data and of course the address of your site.
When you are approved for a partner, you will be given access to the system, which is connected with the affiliate platform of Income Access. The latter is famous for providing partnership systems that connect sites of different brands with their platform, and tracks with a precise accuracy the sent traffic, commissions, number of visitors and many others.
Inside the affiliate system of Betfair, you will be able to generate a unique code for your account that you will use in various advertising materials, be it banners, promoting texts, and others.
The commission from which you start is the standard one – 30% of the players, who have registered via your links and references, have played.
You can join the Partnerships Program of Betfair from this site: affiliates.betfair.com. Here you can choose among many languages, and the partnership site offers a basic version in English.
Customer support and contacts
It is obvious that Betfair tries to keep its clients well informed about its services because the site has a very informative help section, which you can access from the ‘help’ link located in top left of the site next to the logo of the bookmaker.
There you can find answers to almost all of your questions. You even have a search option available, so that you can find quickly the information you need.
0344 871 0000 (UK)
1800 944 000 (IRE)
0044 203 059 8888 (other)
Help center: from this link
Despite the huge base of described in detail popular problems that players have, if you cannot find the answer to your question, then you can always contact the team on Betfair via email or phone. This way you will see for yourself the kindness and adequate fast responses of the support team. Here comes the most interesting part!
We conducted an anonymous survey among several bookmakers that accept players from the United Kingdom. Betfair’s team was the fastest to respond, and their answers were clear and to the point. Customers care is more than professional, thus Betfair deserves our badge for ‘Best customer support’.
Rating and Conclusion
As you have already seen, Betfair’s website offers many sports betting opportunities in different sports at very good odds, and it provides detailed statistics for ongoing games.
Another positive feature of Betfair is their customer care. Betfair makes sure its customer are well informed, therefore they have created the help desk that contains all popular questions. As an addition to this help desk, there is adequate support team, which is online 24 hours a day.
All this and the other positive features of the bookmaker make it a preferred platform for sports betting among millions of people worldwide.