- TOP Bookmakers in the Czech Republic
- Why bet in This Country?
- Is Online Betting Legal in Czechia?
- Intriguing Facts
- Restrictions for Czech Players
- Betting in the Czech Republic Essentials
- How to Choose the Best Bookie?
- Bonuses for Players from Czechia
- Favorite Sports
- Mobile Betting
- Are Casinos Popular?
- Available Payment Methods
- Final Words
Gambling is quite popular among people in The Czech Republic. About 35% of adults in the country enjoy this activity. It is a lot easier to participate in online gambling today since the Czech government legalized online gambling.
TOP Betting Sites in The Czech Republic
There are currently lots of platforms you can use to punt on sports, and we shall cover them in this guide. We will also cover other essential details for online gamblers in the country.
While there are hundreds of land-based gambling places in the Czech Republic, lots of people still prefer to gamble on the internet. In this section, we will look at the list of online betting sites in The Czech Republic.
The platform Cyber.bet is part of Ice Gaming N.V. and is based on the island of Curacao. It was launched in 2018 and is one of the new betting sites in The Czech Republic. Still, it has managed to become one of the best betting sites in The Czech Republic. It operates in more than 100 countries, but its main focus is Eastern Europe.
Cyber.bet offers bets on traditional sports and e-sports, and these include Dota 2 and CS: GO. The site displays odds in different formats, including decimal, Hong Kong, and Malaysian. Another great aspect of this bookie is the fact that it accepts cryptocurrency deposits. It also offers 24/7 customer support via live chat.
- It can be accessed via a Cyber.bet application.
- It offers 24/7 customer support via live chat.
- It covers e-sports such as Dota 2.
- iOS users cannot use a Cyber.bet mobile app.
ZigZag Sport is a relatively new bookie that was launched in 2018. Its main offices are located in Gibraltar, and it works with a Curacao gambling license. The site has been noted to be extremely safe and will always pay your winnings on time. In order to protect your personal data, it uses SSL encryption technology.
This sportsbook covers more than 1000 events in a day, and some major tournaments featured on the site include the NHL, the NFL, and the Euroleague. The site also has a wide variety of betting markets, especially under the football category. You will appreciate the fact that ZigZag Sport accepts deposits made in Bitcoin.
- It offers generous bonuses and promotions.
- It features high-quality live streams of popular games.
- It accepts crypto deposits.
- It doesn’t have a cash-out option.
The operator Librabet belongs to the Soft2Bet group, and it has been online since 2018. The site is operated by Araxio Development N.V. and runs on a Curacao gambling license. It features more than 250 football betting markets, including the first-goal-scorer and the correct scores. At Librabet, you will be able to punt on top sports leagues like the NFL and NBA.
As you keep playing on this betting site, you will be able to move up the VIP club. Some privileges you will enjoy in the program are increased cashback offers, higher monthly withdrawal limits, and the chance to work with an account manager. Librabet features statistics on different matches, so you will not be betting blindly.
- It has an excellent VIP club.
- It supports a variety of odds formats, including American and fractional.
- It offers statistics on various matches.
- It doesn’t have a live streaming option.
Matchbook works as a peer-to-peer betting exchange, where individuals can get greater value for their wagers. The site features very low commissions, and this works to the advantage of the punters. Matchbook is licensed by the Alderney Gambling Control Commission, so you can be certain that it observes the highest levels of safety.
Matchbook covers lots of different sports, and these include football, greyhound racing, ice hockey, and rugby league. The site also covers political events such as the American elections. This bookie also has a section for Enhanced Specials, and the markets here offer very high value to customers. You can make deposits to Matchbook using methods such as Mastercard and Neteller.
- It features high-value betting markets.
- It offers live chat support.
- It has mobile apps for Android and iOS devices.
- It doesn’t cover e-sports.
The brand Sportaza is an innovative sports betting site that also offers online casino games. The site is owned and operated by Rabidi N.V., a company that is licensed by the government of Curacao. When you finish registering your account at Sportaza, you will be required to submit verification documents like your driver’s license and recent utility bills.
The top sports leagues covered on this betting site are Ligue 1, NBA, NHL, Premier League, and La Liga. You can also punt on various e-sports at Sportaza, and these include Starcraft 1, Dota 2, e-football, e-basketball, and CS: GO. The bookie displays odds in fractional, American, and decimal formats.
- It has a cash-out feature.
- It has a bet builder.
- It supports cryptocurrencies.
- The payment limits are quite low.
iFortuna is a native Czech sports betting site, and it can only be viewed in the Czech language. The site is part of Fortuna Entertainment Group N.V., which is a leading multi-national group. This bookmaker offers a variety of gambling services, including sports betting, lottery, live betting, and online casino gaming.
Some sports you can bet on at iFortuna are football, hockey, bandy, rugby, snooker, and water polo. You can also bet on entertainment events, e-sports, and unique events that may happen in the future. The bookie has a special section for live scores and statistics, and this information can be essential when planning your bets.
- It offers lots of interesting bets.
- It has mobile apps with a Touch ID functionality.
- It features statistics on different matches.
- It doesn’t have a live streaming feature.
Why Choose Online Betting in Czechia?
Online betting is one of the hobbies of Czechian citizens. It’s actually really fun, and what’s most, Czechia is famous because of its sports achievements when it comes to football, tennis and volleyball.
Is Online Betting Legal in The Czech Republic?
Online betting is legal in The Czech Republic, and gambling platforms are licensed by the Ministry of Finance As long as you are at least 18 years old, you will be able to sign up on gambling sites.
Trivia/Did you know that
- The Czech government does not tax players for their winnings.
- Local Czech bookies must obtain licenses from the Czech government, but punters can still place wagers on international betting platforms.
- Because of various restrictions and heavy taxation, local Czech bookies typically offer very low bonuses. This is why lots of people choose to gamble on international betting sites.
- The Czech Republic maintains a list of blacklisted online bookies, and punters can view this list before they start gambling.
- Lotteries are the most popular gambling products in the Czech Republic.
Are there restrictions on Czech players by some bookmakers?
No, Czech gamblers are free to gamble on local and international betting sites. The only requirement is for the punters to be at least 18 years old.
Gambling Facts at a Glance
- Currency – Czech Koruna or the Czech Crown
- Population – 10.7 million
- Active players – About 2 million
- Regulatory authority – The Ministry of Finance, the General Directorate of Customs, and Customs Office
- Licensed gambling products – Casino gaming, poker, bingo, sports betting, horse racing, fantasy betting, and lotteries
- Types of operators – Land-based casinos and bookies, and online casinos and bookies
How to Choose the Right Online Betting Site
When selecting an online betting site, you should evaluate the following betting features:
- Cash out – This feature is also known as stop-a-bet, and it will allow you to terminate your wager and take your winnings early.
- Live streaming – This feature will make your betting sessions a lot more interesting since you will be able to keep track of the matches. You can also use the streams to make betting decisions.
- In-play betting – This is also known as live betting, and it will give you a chance to place wagers on matches that are already running.
- Bet builder – This is a relatively new feature that allows punters to create their own accumulator bets from a range of betting markets.
Bonuses for Czech Players
The regulations and gambling taxes in Czechia prevent local bookies from offering decent bonuses and promotions. However, you will still be able to claim offers like match bonuses, reload bonuses, free bets, and loyalty offers. For more generous offers, you may have to sign up on international sports betting sites. These are not required to follow local Czech laws, so they are able to offer better Czech betting sites bonuses.
Most Popular Sports to Bet on in The Czech Republic
Most punters in Czechia place wagers on football, and they enjoy betting on local tournaments like the Czech First League. Punters in the country also enjoy placing wagers on top European leagues like the Premier League, Bundesliga, and La Liga.
Ice hockey is also extremely popular among players in Czechia. Other sports players enjoy punting on are basketball, handball, volleyball, athletics, and floorball. You should note that bookies in the country offer wagers on many more sports as they still have a decent following in the gambling community.
Mobile Betting in The Czech Republic
The top bookmakers in The Czech Republic offer high-quality mobile betting services. They have managed to come up with great mobile applications that can be installed on iPhones, iPads, and Android devices. You should remember that these apps have iOS version requirements and cannot run on most older phones. Online bookies in Czechia also have excellent mobile sites.
Are Online Casinos Popular in The Czech Republic?
Online casinos are legal and fairly popular among people in Czechia. The best online casinos in The Czech Republic have licenses from respectable jurisdictions such as Malta and Gibraltar. Also, they offer a wide range of casino games. These include slot machines, blackjack, baccarat, and roulette.
Supported Payment Methods
In The Czech Republic, punters can make deposits using credit and debit cards, online bank transfers, e-wallets, and cryptocurrencies. It is important to check the deposit and withdrawal methods before you sign up on an online betting site. Also, you should evaluate the transaction speeds.
No, the government of Czechia doesn’t tax punters on their winnings. However, bookies have to pay hefty taxes, and these limit the bonuses for Czech Republic customers.
Can I make payments in online bookies with the CZK?
Yes, you can deposit funds into your account using the CZK. However, most international bookies will require you to make payments using the Euro or USD.
Is online betting legal in the Czech Republic?
Yes, punters in the country can engage in online gambling legally. You can also choose to sign up on an international bookie as the state doesn’t restrict residents to local bookies.
Are Czech gambling sites accessible in English?
Gambling sites in Czechia are typically set up in Czech, but some of them can be accessed in English as well. You can check the language menu of the bookie to see the languages it supports.
Which odds formats are supported by most Czech bookmakers?
Most bookies in Europe and Czechia use the decimal format to display odds. However, those targeting wider markets will usually include fractional and American formats. Indonesian, Malaysian, and Hong Kong formats are a lot rarer in Czech betting sites.
Do I have to send verification documents when signing up to online bookmakers?
Yes, anti-money laundering laws require online betting sites to verify the identities of their customers. You will also be required to send documents that indicate your current address. Some verification documents you have to submit include your passport and recent utility bills.
Where to bet in The Czech Republic?
In this country, you can place bets in popular online bookies like Cyber.bet, ZigZag Sport, Librabet, Matchbook, Sportaza, and iFortuna. There are also a number of land-based gambling places. However, remember that they may not offer great bonuses.
Which forms of online gambling are legal in The Czech Republic?
In this country, you can enjoy a wide range of online gambling opportunities, including sports betting, casino gaming, fantasy sports betting, bingo, and the lottery. Tombola and small card tournaments are not available on online betting platforms in Czechia.
Can I sign up on an online betting site that doesn’t have a license?
The government of Czechia will not punish you in any way for punting in unlicensed betting sites. However, it cracks down on these bookies, and the Ministry of Finance even maintains a list of illegal betting platforms.
In The Czech Republic, online gambling is legal, and lots of local betting sites have been launched in the recent past. The best sites currently available are Cyber.bet, Matchbook, ZigZag Sport, Librabet, Sportaza, and iFortuna. Companies like iFortuna also operate betting shops around the country. In Czechia, online betting sites are regulated by the Ministry of Finance. This body ensures that online bookies operate fairly and protects underage gamblers. However, residents in the country are free to sign up on international betting sites. The advantage of international bookies is that they typically offer generous bonuses and promotions.