Cricket fans love betting on T20 cricket, and this is because the action comes thick and fast, and there are almost always games taking place somewhere. In recent years the Pakistan Super League (PSL) has established itself as one of the best 20-over franchise tournaments in the world. Read on as we look at how to bet on the PSL with Betway, which is one of our favourite cricket betting sites.
How to Place PSL Bets on Betway?
- First, use the search tool in the top right and search for PSL or Pakistan Super League. The search tool will take you straight to Betway’s PSL bets.
- Alternatively, click cricket in the left-hand sidebar. Using the sidebar, you will then see various routes to accessing the PSL.
- Either way, after that, you should see upcoming PSL games listed, as well as outright options.
- Then, select the game or outright you want and then choose the market.
- After that, click on your selection to populate the betting slip and just enter your required stake.
- Do not forget to check the market, selection, and stake are correct. You can then confirm your bet and enjoy the Betway cricket betting section!
Pakistan Super League Explained
The inaugural Pakistan Super League took place in 2016, and this makes the PSL a youngster in terms of franchise T20 cricket. For example, the IPL, the Big Bash and the Bangladesh Premier League all started at least four years earlier.
In addition, it is also a little smaller than some rival leagues, with just six city-based teams taking part. Initially, there were just five, but the six teams/cities are currently:
- Islamabad United, based in Islamabad
- Karachi Kings, based in Karachi
- Lahore Qalanders, based in Lahore
- Multan Sultans, based in Multan
- Peshawar Zalmi, based in Peshawar
- Quetta Gladiators, based in Quetta
The season usually runs from mid-February through to mid-March, and there is only a short break before the IPL gets underway over the border. Currently, the season consists of 34 games, and this includes a league stage and a playoff stage.
In the former, each team plays the other five franchises at home and away, with the best four proceeding to the playoffs. Here, the Page playoff system is used, as in the IPL. This favours the sides that finish higher in the league stage and sees four games in total.
The PSL is popular at home and around the world. However, local attendances are not as high as for some similar competitions. However, the PSL continues to grow and also increase profits.
Fun Facts about PSL
🏏 In 2023 Lahore Qalanders became the first team to defend their title.
🏏 Peshawar Zalmi have made the final three times. However, they lost them all.
🏏 The PSL is broadcast to Nepal, Maldives, Sudan, Canada and many other nations.
🏏 Jason Roy boasts the highest PSL score, blasting 145 in 2023 for Quetta Gladiators.
🏏 Four of the leading seven individual scores have come in 2022 or 2023.
🏏 Aussie Ben Dunk holds the record for most sixes in an inning, blasting 12 for Lahore in 2020.
🏏 Usman Khan boasts the fastest PSL century, needing just 36 balls.
🏏 Ravi Bopara claimed the best bowling figures (6/16)) in 2016.
🏏 Babar Azam is the all-time top scorer in the PSL … and has also taken the most catches.
🏏 Brilliant Babar was also involved in the highest-ever PSL partnership (176 alongside Sharjeel Khan).
Betway PSL Betting in Details
If you want to know how to bet on PSL at Betway, read on. Betway is a great site for those wanting to make bets on the PSL. This is because they offer as good a range of markets as we have seen almost anywhere.
As reported above, their site, in general, is slick and easy to use, and their in-play betting options for the PSL are also very strong. Because of this, we definitely rank Betway as one of the best PSL betting sites around.
Are the Odds Good?
Selecting a couple of PSL games at random for our tests, we discovered Betway to be slightly better than average in terms of the odds they offer for the PSL. They were sometimes slightly worse than some of their big rivals, such as Coral, William Hill and bet365.
They offered around the same odds as the likes of Parimatch. However, they were better than many other bookmakers. In addition, it should also be noted that our sample size was small. In general, we believe Betway’s PSL odds to be decent without being market-leading. That said, if the selection you want to back is one of the featured Betway Boosts, you may get a very pleasant surprise.
How to bet PSL on Betway live?
If you want to bet on the PSL with Betway, their in-play offering is hard to beat. In addition, all PSL games will offer live betting with a good selection of markets too. The interface is very easy to use, and cash out is available on all the major markets.
However, what really sets Betway’s live PSL betting apart are the little extra features you get. There is excellent stats support, covering the score, run rate and scoring for the previous three overs.
You also get a neat ball-by-ball animation and basic text commentary. In addition, you can easily see the full scorecard, and having access to all this info on the same page as the odds and markets is fantastic.
There are loads of markets available if you want to bet PSL at Betway. Here are some of our favourites:
- 👉 Result: a bet on which side will win a given game.
- 👉 Overall winner: an outright bet on who will win the tournament.
- 👉 Specials: Betway offers loads of specials for the PSL. These include specific players reaching a certain number of runs or wickets, total tournament centuries and many more.
- 👉 Method of first dismissal: how will the first wicket fall? This market is available for both innings.
- 👉 Highest opening partnership: a bet on which team will have the biggest opening stand.
- 👉 Total match ducks: something of a novelty bet but one which should maintain your interest for most of the game.
- 👉 Most sixes in the match: the PSL is all about the big-hitting, but which side will clear the rope most often?
Is it legal to bet in Pakistan?
Gambling is not legal in Pakistan, and this applies to bets made online.
Can I place a bet on Betway PSL live?
Betway’s PSL offering includes live in-play betting. Therefore, you certainly can!
Can I cash out a PSL bet on Betway?
Yes! Many PSL markets at Betway offer cash out, and these are indicated by a green Cash Out symbol.